As part of our ongoing Faith, Sustainability & Stewardship series here at Pacific Roots Magazine, we are honored to feature this talk with Professor David Clough.
David Clough is Professor of Theological Ethics at the University of Chester and cofounder of CreatureKind and DefaultVeg. We previously featured an interview with David Clough’s CreatureKind co-founder Sarah Withrow King. Enjoy that interview here.
In this episode with Professor Clough, we discuss many subjects including:
- The intersection of theological study & social activism
- The need for coalition building within animal advoacy communities
- The history & mission of CreatureKind, which engages the Christian community with new ways of thinking about animals & Christian faith
- The history & mission of DefaultVeg which works to shift the norm to vegan & plant-based meals
- Reflections on a recent webinar featuring Clough & hosted by Farm Forward entitled ‘Animals, Ethics & Climate Change’
- The opportunity during the current pandemic, for us to develop heightened awareness & understanding of our (mal)treatment of animals.
View video version of talk here.
Visit DefaultVeg online at https://defaultveg.com/
Visit CreatureKind online at https://www.becreaturekind.org/